By the latter part of 1925, a petition signed by the Victorville residents and business owners was presented to the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors. As a result of that petition, the Board of Supervisors approved the Victorville County Fire Protection District on July 26,1926, thus making monies available for fire protection. A.S. Amaral, M.M. Black and C.J. Goodrich were appointed by the Board of Supervisors to be the Fire Commissioners of the newly formed Fire District. A small, hand-drawn trailer was purchased for $25 , along with tow hundred and fifty feet of 1 1/2″ hose.
Property owners could have 1 1/2″ standpipes installed for fire protection at a cost of $2 per month.